The North West Leicestershire School Sports Partnership (NWLSSP) was formed in 2005 as part of the Government's plan to create 450 SSPs across England. The Castle Rock School in Coalville has been our host from the very beginning and continues to be the base for all of the NWLSSP team today.
The NWLSSP currently has 43 member schools of which 37 are Primary Schools, 5 Secondary Schools and 1 is a Special School. All of the schools buy into the NWLSSP on an annual basis in return for various services that you can find out on our website https://www.nwleics-ssp.org.uk/.
- PE Coordinator training and development meetings
- Leadership and volunteering support for Young Leaders, Playcoach, Bronze Ambassadors
- Membership of the North West Leicestershire Primary School Sports Association events such as Rose Bowl, Kirby Shield Football, NWL Cross Country Series, Area Athletics (Saffron Lane)
- Support to achieve Bronze, Silver, Gold or Platinum School Games Mark (Government recognised kite mark for PE and School Sport)
- Opportunities to access programmes and funding sourced externally by NWLSSP that may improve the schools provision of PE, school sport and physical activity.
- Links to local community sports clubs that provide appropriate exit routes for young people to continue their participation in their chosen sport/s.
- Equipment loan scheme
- Access to a high quality demand driven CPD calendar
- Access to high quality coaching sessions
The NWLSSP works with and on behalf of its member schools to develop high quality PE, school sport and physical activity for all pupils within its schools. We work with and are supported by a number of national, regional and local partners to achieve this.
Social media links
Twitter - @NWLSSP
Facebook - @NorthWestLeicestershireSSP
YouTube - @NWLSSP
Instagram - @NWLSSP